Re: Default geometry of gnome-terminal

CB wrote:

How can I change the default geometry of gnome-terminal? I want it to have the new default regardless of whether I start it from a launcher or the 'Run Application' dialogue.

Nice question!

There was a "standard" way to do things like that, but it seems not to work with gnome-terminal. If you feed two lines like the following:

   xterm*geometry:  132x25
   gnome-terminal*geometry:  132x25

to the command "xrdb" (X resource database), then every new instance of "xterm" will be 132 chars wide, but this won't be the case for gnome-terminal.

I had a look around, but couldn't find a string that works in place of "gnome-terminal" above. It could well be that GNOME apps do not look at X resources DB at all!

I know, it's not very usefull...

Sorry.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico