Pam / Ldap question.

When I use the authconfig script to set up my system for LDAP it does
not seem to work.

If I su - user it returns the message Incorrect Password. I have altered
the /etc/pam.d/system-auth file to read :

account [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore service_err=ignore \
system_err=ignore authinfo_unavail=ignore]\
/lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

>From :

account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore] \
/lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

And all works fine now, I found this from an old Redhat 8 bug, I would
have thought this would have been fixed by now.

Is this change correct, or should I have done something else to make it
work other than change the pam config?

Thanks,

Neil.
--