Re: advansys scsi == ouch

Paul Howarth wrote:

<>On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 19:54, John McBride wrote

Could it be that the chipset has unworkable flaws or something? There is a popular network card that has a similar issue--the chipset itself has a flaw that thrashes arp packets kind of at random. It "works" but it certainly doesn't "work right". I recently pulled all of those out of our boxes, too...they were in storage (thus free and available to me) because the MS windows boxes had so many issues with them, they didn't want them in those boxes.

I don't think it's that; I just don't think they want to support a
product they're not selling any more.

That's the confusing part. They sell them through their website, and list linux as being supported. Annoying.

---
John