Re: eth0 problem

'cardctl detect' does not do anything.. it gives me a lists of usage for cardctl
the specific card that i have is a Xircom XE2000 10/100 Network PC Card

-Buddy

At 04:23 PM 8/20/2004, you wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 15:49, Buddy Hummler wrote:
> Well the [failed] message goes away when I unchecked the option to start at
> boot time, but it still won't work. When I hit activate in Network
> Configuration, a box pops up with a red X and says "Cannot activate network
> device eth0!" then under that it says "interface 'eth0' not
> found xirc2ps_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying
> initialization." <= same message I was getting on bootup.
> -Buddy

What does

cardctl detect

show you?

Also what is the specific card that you have?  Someone that has it may
have a pointer or two.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx