Re: Setting up network

Thanks that really helps me.

r.godzilla@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't know how to edit a file on linux and save it back to the disk on linux.

reader@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Bill Tetens <zuki269@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I think I found the message but it is a hard copy of instructions you sent me on simplifying the yum.conf file

Yes, thats the one.

If that is the one I cannot find it anywhere in the e-mail trash or the list on the internet. I had a problem with my netscape and and had to do a uninstall and reload. Why it disappeared I have no idea. I sent you a reply saying I did not have knowledge about using the edit file.

What I asked was if you were able to edit a file on linux.
That is, can you change the contents of a file and save it back to
disk on linux?

enter vimtutor at a terminal.
follow tutorial to learn vim