Re: Problems using up2date

On Aug 9, 2004, at 8:46 PM, William Hooper wrote:

Ian P. Thomas said:

The reason I'm attempting to use this option is because up2date has
failed to complete a complete run of updating my system. It times out when
attempting to download the packages I need to update.

You want to edit the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.

I figured there was a text file somewhere. Thanks for the info.

 Without the
'--serverURL' option, up2date seemed to go through a list of
mirrors on its own, using this URL as the value of serverURL,

https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC

This is a URL for RHN, not the yum backend.

I'm still not able to figure out the error message. It's saying that the '--serverURL'
option doesn't exist when the manual says that it does. I may look at the source
for up2date and get the definitive answer.

I found out the where the problem may be. I was almost able to complete a run of up2date. After it seemed to install the last package, my network connection to the box running up2date was lost. Something in the update process is causing my network connection to drop. I have it skipping kernel upgrades, as I always do those manually. I may hook a monitor and keyboard up to my fedora box and
see if I can make it through an upgrade while logged in locally. I'll post back with the results. The connection now is of the SSH variety.

Ian Thomas