Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

--On Thursday, August 05, 2004 10:07 PM -0700 Timothy Payne <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Red Hat needs to remember it's products will be used in a corporate world
that freaks out at the drop of a hat, even a red one.  The computer you
use at work is not yours it belongs to the company that paid for it,
along with your email running on their network.

And what's displayed on it is not the property of the company, but the US Government and the most easily-offended person in your community, no matter how irrational. The corporations freak out because they're right in the cross hairs of moronic laws (albeit written with good intentions, but we know where that road leads).

This is yet another example of why we need to be vigilant about repressive laws, even when we can't imagine them being used against us. Because some prosecutor or civil attorney trying to get a promotion and make a name for himself will do so.

More reasons to be scared can be found here:

<http://yro.slashdot.org/>