Re: how to change my source address in sendmail??

I see the entire long thread.. but unless I'm missing something.. Set it in your MUA.. Pine, etc.. In pine you can set your From using roles, and disable the Sender header.. Just make sure whatever you set it to, exist sin /etc/aliases, virt usertable, and/or local-host-names depending on your config.

-- netmask

ssoss S (sctssoss@xxxxxxxxxxx) composed today:

Hi.. i am using sendmail in Fedora Core1 to send mail. And I found that my source email address is always root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mylinux is my hostname and mycompany is my company domain name. but how can change my source email address to root@xxxxxxx or myname@xxxxxxx?? where is the setting???