Re: port 25 refused

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 20:40, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> I have a fairly robust solution for blocked ports.  I am working on
> a writeup now, which should be at http://www.keithl.com/vpncolo.html
> before Friday.

Hi

I am from India and use Ethernet based connectivity (which breaks
frequently) from a cable ISP who provides a private ip address
172.16.x.x and masqed outbound connectivity.

If I am not wrong this solution would also work for those of us who do
not have a live ip?

I would like to have a site using a vpn so that normal html pages may be
served from co-located site whereas database backend pages to be served
through my own server using the vpn tunnel (I understand that I would
have to use dial-up connectivity as back-up when cable isp fails) and of
course mails would have mx of the co-located server.

Any comments to such a setup? Performance, Cost, Security? Anyone?

Keith I await to read your above page.

With regards.
Sanjay.