Re: drive partition on install

Sam Tregar wrote:

I'm not an official source, but I'd lay it out like this:

 /boot  100MB
 swap   1024MB
 /      everything else

The /boot partition is useful to work around problems some BIOS have
with booting a kernel that's too far into the disk (past 8GB, if
memory serves).  1GB of swap is generally right for 512MB of memory.
Then I just partition the rest as one big / partition.

I'd agree except for the swap size. I'd just make it equal to your RAM size. UNLESS you know you are going to use a lot of memory for a certain function.

--
- - s r b - -
mozilla|mozilla