Re: [SOLVED]Re: Samba (DNS?) problem

Should be pretty straight forward on the needed ports, but just to be sure you get all the right ones, you can:

lsof -i -n |egrep 'smb|nmb'

That'll tell you all of the ports it's listening on.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.
It seems I had the firewall activated and was blocking the proper
functioning of samba.

I've disabled the firewall for the momment, until I find the time to
finetune it configuration.

Hope this may help someone not to make the same mistake!