Making a USB pen drive bootable via bootdisk.img

Hi, hello:

I'm having a good bit of trouble making a bootable USB pen drive from the bootdisk.img file from Fedora 2. I follow what little instruction there is in the README (dd the bootdisk.img file to the USB device), however, all I wind up with is 4 garbage partitions on the USB device (checked with fdisk). I can use this USB pen drive in "normal" mode (formated and hot plug works - hotplug was disabled while trying to dd the bootdisk.img).

I've searched the archives for 'bootdisk.img' and 0 hits. Has anyone out there been able to use the bootdisk.img that's included with Fedora 2 to make a bootable USB pen drive?

thanks,
Chris Curran