Re: Red Carpet on FC2+

On 07/18/2004 08:59:27 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 13:30, Jim Cornette wrote:
> I also have two icons for RC in the system tools
> menu.

Yes, I have that too. I reported the problem to the original packager
of
the FC2 RPMS, Vladimir Vukicevic.

$ rpm -ql red-carpet | grep .desktop
/usr/share/applications/red-carpet.desktop
/usr/share/applications/ximian-red-carpet.desktop

Thanks for the feedback. Two icons are not that much of a distraction.

> Anyway, has anyone decided on if this program will be maintained in > Fedora extras and who is willing to maintain this?

I'd love to see this in Fedora Extras, but I'm afraid that I am too
inexperienced either with building RPMs or with Python to offer to be
the maintainer.

It was great that a link to Harald's efforts was passed onto this list. I used these versions and they seemed to work pretty good.
I found three versions of gcc-gnat with the dep resolver on my Test box for FC3.

I saw that the channels were all blank. The installed packages seemed to be on the selection list. Of course with no channels, nothing was available to install.

If it does make it into Fedora Extras then it would also make sense to think about setting up an Open Carpet server and mirrors, rather
slashdotting open-carpet.org. Also, for some reason the "Select a
mirror" preference is not in Edit -> Preferences in the version of Red Carpet packaged by Vladimir (I suspect because he built it
specifically to work with his own FC2 service).

Have you tried this version?

http://people.redhat.com/harald/RedCarpet-FC3/

I installed them in a local directory that I setup in my
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file. I then ran "up2date red-carpet" to install the packages. Up2date resolved the dependecies for rcd, etc.

I have not tried Vladimir's efforts.

Thsnks for bringing up the program and thanks to Harald for providing the link to his works.

Jim

Best, Darren