Re: Gaim Upload

Tim Raats wrote:

I have a problem when I send files to friends with Gaim. The maximum
upload speed of sending files is 6 kb/s. But my normal upload speed is
64KB/s.... How can I increase the speed of sending files ?

I don't know what the problem is, but 64KB/s means 64 Kelvin Bytes per second which doesn't make sense. Correct terminology is 64 kB/s. Sorry - can't help myself as the concept of Kelvin Bytes always makes me laugh :-D

Because 6 kbps is less than 1 kB/s my immediate thought is that the transfer is not happening at all and the traffic you see is gaim attempting to send the file, not sending it? Is it sending successfully? I suppose you've done your testing properly too - i.e. that this speed is consistant to more than one person and time?

Marc