Re: Running TV card in FC2

Gordy wrote:
Hi All,

I have a Wintv PCI Nova TV card installed in my PC and wanted to know if
it was possible to get this running using FC2.

I remember reading somewhere that Kernel 2.6 supports this card and as I
am new how would I add it to the kernel and recompile it. I can
recompile the Kernel but can't work out how to copy it to the boot
partition and make it so I can use it?

I am a Newbie to Linux..

Gordy....

Website: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gordy100/ MSN: linuxwizard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo: wizzywizard65
ICQ: 302998200

--When Dreams And Day Unite--

hi

the Nova card isn't like normal TV cards since it just decodes the mpeg2 stream which can be played by many apps.

try this thread which I found a while ago:

http://www.edlug.ed.ac.uk/archive/Nov2003/msg00316.html

Chris