Re: Need Install Help - ASUS A7V8X-X, ASUS Radeon 7000 -- SEE THIS LINK!

For those cometmplating purchasing an ASUS motherboard in the future:

http://osdir.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1247

Hope this will prevent some problems in the future.

Bob

Clint Harshaw wrote:

More data if it will help diagnose what my problem is:

I've tried all of these with no success. The install fails at the same point with both FC1 and FC2.

linux text
linux noprobe
linux nofb
linux skipddc

All of the above failed at the exact same place: immediately after giving it a root pw, and the package installation step begins.

Furthermore, I found my old RH8 CD's here. So I tried to install RH8 on it, thinking that if I could get RH8 on there, then I could simply do a FC1 upgrade. The RH8 install went flawlessly. When I got to the FC1 upgrade, the installer did recognize that I had previous installation of RH8, but again failed when the actually installation was to begin.

Clint