Re: PCMIA Issues

Chris Canavan wrote:
That did the trick.  Is there a way to implement this
fix permanently through the startup routine.

This has been a thorn in the side for a long time--especially with pcmcia-based network cards. The problem is that the network is started long before pcmcia is (the /etc/rc.d/rcx.d sequence number for network is S10, that for PCMCIA is S24).

The easiest fix is to:

	cd /etc/rc.d/rc(your-run-level).d
	mv S24pcmcia S09pcmcia

so pcmcia starts before the network.  The network scripts are supposed
to work around this issue, but they don't reliably.

Thanks for all your assistance

Regards,
Chris Canavan