Re: Need Install Help - ASUS A7V8X-X, ASUS Radeon 7000

ASUS A7V8X-X mobo
ASUS Radeon 7000 video card
[...]
and Corsair Value Select 512MB PC2700 RAM
[...]
When I boot from either FC1 or FC2 disk 1, the results are identical. It correctly probes for the video card (ATI Radeon 7000), the monitor ViewSonic VG800, the mouse type (Generic 3-button mouse, PS/2).

X starts
then I go through the new partitioning, where I let it do it automatically. I set the time zone, my root pw, and select Desktop. I configure my static IP information. When it starts to actually do the installation, it stops X, and tells me that the install exited abnormally.
sending termination signals ... done
sending kill signals ... done
disabling swap ...
unmounting file systems ...
etc.
you may safely reboot

and then it sits there.

I am wondering if I have encountered a real bug. I was able to install both Debian with the sarge installer iso (though X isn't configured correctly), and Mandrake 10 Official installed cleanly without any errors at all.

Before I create a bug report, I need to ask the community if:
a) there is anything else I should try to do before filing?
b) what output should I report?

Are there other RH/FC-related distro's that might have a better shot at getting installed, that I could upgrade to FC (like try RH9, then upgrade to FC1??)? Just thinking out loud, really -- I'd just prefer to have Fedora on here than a distro that I don't know much about!

Thanks,
Clint