Re: Any partition size suggestions ?

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 11:01:59AM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> > > I have a Compaq Presiaro 1277 (laptop), with 4.8 GB hard disk, 64 MB RAM,
> > > 433 MHZ processor,

> With a hard drive that size you should just take the default settings
> which should be / /boot and swap.  While it is good to have multiple
> file systems normally,

I agree.

Do recall that swap does not need to be too large.  If you later wish
you had made / smaller and swap bigger no harm done, you can add a
swap file.

Do find yourself some more DRAM if you can.  RAM for older hardware
gets real cheap then it gets expensive.  Look for an inventory
reduction sale.

It should be quick in text mode and slow in X-window mode.  With
multiple tty logins (Contol-Alt-F1;Contol-Alt-F2,...)  It should be
much more fun than an old VT-100 terminal and BSD.

> That's my two cents.
Now we are up to four cents.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l