Re: SU in file browser?

Danielb wrote:
[...]
Also can anyone tell me the
terminal copy command for copying a directory and its
contents (files & folders) to another location?

try this out: cp -r originaldirectoryname newlocationname

(The -r is to recursively copy the directories and files)

While I am at it what is your opinions on Oreilly's 'Linux
in a Nutshell' book? I want to get a good book that will
introduce me into how Linux works and as a command/system
reference while I get my feet would this book be suitible
for this?
[...]

Here's a text that I found (and still find!) very helpful:

http://www.penguinsolutions.org/books/bookdetail.php?book_id=99

Hope this helps!
Clint Harshaw