Re: Fedora Core 2 and audio

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 22:31, Steve Cooke wrote:

> Bloody hell!! Well, I did what you suggested I do to get yum to work,
> and ran 'yum list.' It must have downloaded 50 or more packages!

Well, first time you run it for each new site added to yum.conf
(including the default one that's already included) it will download a
ton of header files, which are not big, but are many. :-)
2rd time and next, it will only download new headers, which are much
fewer.

It will usually download/install a lot of packages first time you run
"yum update".

> BTW, is there a reason for the spurning of alsaplayer?

It's a fine player, but XMMS is more capable.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/