Re: kernel 2.4.22-1.2194 burned my monitor

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 15:31, Hongwei Li wrote:

> > Let me guess, you have a nvidia graphics card in the system and you were
> > using the nvidia supplied drivers?
> >
> > If that is the case then you will need to reinstall the nvidia drivers
> > for the new kernel version.  Based on the last time I had to do this
> > they had a fairly easy install script that pulled the correct drivers
> > and rebuilt them for your particular kernel.
>
> Yes, I have nvidia card.  Could you tell me how to reinstall the driver
> for the new kernel?  Where can I find the script for it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hongwei

Most likely you have the script on your server already.  Who ever set it
up the first time probably has it in their home directory.

If you can not find it there then go to the nvidia web page and pull the
installer from there.  You will want to boot into runlevel 3 (someone
already described that for you in another post) then run the install
script.

Once that is done you should then be able to boot into runlevel 5 and
have X startup as it did before.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Don't expect people to keep in step--it's hard enough just staying in line.