Re: How to start C2 from CD

Marcelo Mathias Lima wrote:

If I install another O.S. on HD and this O.S. replaces MBR (or the FBS), how do I to start Fedora from the CD (or the rescue CD) AND restore grub ???

thank u!

--
*Marcelo Mathias Lima*
Desenvolvedor WEB

Boot the system from the rescue CD, the root directory of the existing FC installation
will be mounted as /mnt/sysimage. Type
chroot /mnt/sysimage
and then type
/sbin/grub-install /deb/hda
replace (/dev/hda with /dev/sda if booting from SCSI disk)
You're done! Reboot and enjoy.

The question was already discussed in this forum, please refer to the list archives for more
details or for alternative approaches.

- Jose Luis