Re: screen blanking

Simon schrieb:
Ive installed fedora core 2 onto my gateway solo 2500 laptop. Every 10 minutes, or around 10 minutes the screen blanks, although doesnt appear to power down. Im running xfce but I cant seem to find any program which would let me disable this screen blanking. The screen needs to be able to stay on even when the system is idle. How can I disable this?

Check /etc/X11/xorg.conf for "DPMS"-Option in Monitor-Section. Make use of options "BlankTime", "SuspendTime", "StandbyTime" and "OffTime" to optimize this behavior.
Check Man-Pages for more detailed informations:

#> man xorg.conf

Christoph