Re: Empty Windows network

Scot L. Harris wrote/ha scritto, On/il 22/06/2004 17:47:

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 09:53, Jon Shorie wrote:

I've been using FC 1 for months, and I never had troubles browsing the
local windows network (just a bit slow, indeed).

Now, with FC 2, I always get an empty windows when I select "Network
Servers" from the main menu (I'm using GNOME, but it should not be
different on KDE) and then "Windows Network".

I had the same problem until I activated the lisa daemon. Now it works properly. To do this, do an su - then setup. Select services and make sure that lisa has a check box in front of it.

I am not sure why this is needed, but I just know that it solved my problem.

Ah! This is one of those nagging issues that has eluded a fix for me. I have seen the same behavior, FC 1 you could see the other Windows
systems and Samba servers via the Network Servers item in the main menu.

But under FC 2 this is always empty.

What is interesting is if I select browse folder (right click on the
home icon) and put smb://nameofserver in the location I get the password
requester and can see the shares on that server.

I looked for the "lisa" service but did not see that. What package is
that part of?

I have not lisa service running either and everything is fine (updating from FC1 to FC2)

--

Antonio Montagnani

Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
    Uso Mozilla 1.6 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2