Re: FC2 - anaconda - bootdisk creation

Fully featured I believe. If you run mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 `uname -r` it should only prompt for 1 floppy disk like in the past even if you're running 2.6.x.

Jim Cornette wrote:

I haven't tried to make a boot disk for any versions of the 2.6 kernel.

I assume that the kernel would be pretty basic and not have many
functions/devices enabled.

I was wondering myself why the kernel is modular and cannot at least
load so far, then ask for disk 2 to continue the process.

I believe that the kernel feature for making a boot disk, which is fully
system functional, is what the previous make boot disk used to do.

Have you installed a kernel-2.6-BOOT kernel? Or are you successful
making this disk from a fully featured, all modules loaded kernel.

Jim