Server frozen during boot

The power on my FC2 server spiked and the damn UPS didn't do it's job,
so when the server rebooted I had it check the filesystem. It
continued to boot until it got to "Starting the system bus" where is
is now frozen in limbo. It won't go any farther. What's my next move?
I've yet to have the pleasure of trying to revive a linux box. Any
recommendations?

Alonzo