Re: ACPI: S3 & PAE do not like each other for now, S3 disabled

Globe Trotter wrote:
--- Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 22:18, Globe Trotter wrote:

Hi,

Upon a new FC2 install, this is what I get right away upon reboot. What

does it

mean? Does it portend of darker tidings to come?

it means you can't use suspend (S3) with the SMP kernel. (It's actually an incompatibility between highmem and suspend, but the SMP kernel has highmem support enabled so...)

Dave

So, it really does not affect anything else? Then, I am happy to let it be....

Thanks!

I get the same behavior on a dual Athlon MP box, except when boot gets to the part about "Redhat nash" it waits for about 30 seconds before continuing to boot. What am I doing wrong/what can I do to make that behavior go away? It didn't seem to do it on FC1...

--
Doug Stewart