Re: mustek 1200cp scanner

Op wo 16-06-2004, om 04:39 schreef Donald Ray Lott:
> Hi,
>
> Need some help on getting mustek 1200cp scanner to work. If I run xsane,
> it says no scanners found. I have looked at pages sane-project.org, but
> still can't get it to work. I must be missing something simple. Any
> suggestions out there?
> --

Look in /etc/sane.d therein you will find dll.conf uncomment mustek_pp.
After that configure mustek_pp.conf to your needs.
Then you can configure net.conf & saned.conf to your needs.
Create user saned and put in xinetd.conf
 service sane
{
   port            =6566
   socket_type     =stream
   protocol        =tcp
   wait            =no
   user            =saned
   group           =saned
   server          =/usr/sbin/saned
   disable         =no
}
 make shure saned is in /etc/services like this
sane   6566/tcp

 after this is done start saned and you should be done