Re: SOLVED: Contents of /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/route-eth0

On Jun 15, 2004, at 2:28 PM, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

Do this:

1. For interfaces where this box is the gateway (i.e. your internal interface is 192.168.1.1 and *that* is the gateway address for the LAN), do not set a GATEWAY line in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX.

2. For interfaces where this box is *not* the gateway, set the GATEWAY line in the ifcfg-ethX file.

        3. Set "GATEWAYDEV=eth0" in /etc/sysconfig/network.

Restart the network. You should be OK. If not, post the output of "route -n" and the contents of /etc/sysconfig/network plus the relevant ifcfg-ethX files. Make sure that firewall is cleared and disabled *before* you do this to avoid distractions.

Thanks, that fixed the problems! I had a GATEWAY line for the internal interface, I'm guessing that's what was setting up the wrong route (and GATEWAYDEV missing from /etc/sysconfig/network).

I left the route-eth0 file the way the system wanted it (GATEWAY0=my gateway, ADDRESS0=0.0.0.0), and I duplicated the relevant files to /etc/.../profiles/default/; I haven't rebooted to see if it still works, but I will.

Thanks!

Now, what's the proper content of route-eth0? Is it arguments to route, or is it name-value pairs?

Thanks!

--
Rick