Re: SRPM Help in Fedora Core 2 (NEWBIE)

At 14:41 6/15/2004, Mike Clow wrote:
I am currently using Fedora Core 2 with the latest kernel and am having a problem with the Nvidia SRPM for my nforce drivers. as there is no drivers for Fedora Core 2 I am wanting to make a binary rpm from the source. I am having problems doing this. (Can I use Fedora Core 1 drivers instead??) I am logged in as su root and am getting the following: Any Suggestions??

I know very little about this, but a few comments:

        1. Yes, you can use the same driver. BUT...

2. You must either get or compile a kernel without the 4K stacks (you want one with the 8K stacks which was the old configuration).

3. You must have the kernel-source package installed. Not the kernel SRPM... the kernel-source RPM. I think they may have changed the name of the package recently, but I hope you get my point.

Hopefully this will help you move forward.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com