Re: FC2 Issues

At 13:07 6/15/2004, Mark Eggers wrote:
Periodically there are people who scream about a particular Fedora Core
release.  I simply do not understand this on several levels.

The objectives are clearly stated on the web site.

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/objectives.html

Given the above, I would have to be willing to undertake the following
in order to run a production system on Fedora platforms.

[...]

In other words, this is standard industry practice for infrastructure
configuration management and technology refresh.  If you don't do this
for your production environment, be prepared to get bit, and get bit
hard.

In short:

1) Live with the rules
-- or --
2) Work to change the rules
-- or --
3) Or go play in another sandbox

Anything else is just a recipe for high blood pressure, anger, and other
general unpleasantness.

Bravissimi!!! By God, one of the best and most insightful posts I've seen in years. To borrow a line from Sean Estabrooks: "I may just frame this post."

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com