Re: FC2 Issues

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 12:54, Christensen Tom wrote:
> I would just like to publicly voice my complete and utter disatisfaction
> with you people.  Redhat has been my linux of choice for 6 years, and I
> appreciated FC1, but since I can't install FC2 because of 2 very huge bugs
> (the dual booting bug, and the Asus Mobo bug) that were known well in
> advance of release, and were not fixed, and remain unfixed, I will never be
> using or recommending a redhat product ever again.  You have seriously
> destroyed a good product and a good name by not following the #1 tenet of
> open source software, namely RELEASE WHEN ITS READY!!!  How could you let 2
> bugs of this magnitude go completely unresolved through 3 test releases and
> the final release when you knew about both of them immediately after test 1
> was released in February??!!  Get your act together re-release new ISOs that
> fix these 2 problems within 2 weeks or you are costing redhat an estimated
> 50k/yr in licenses that I control.  We will be moving to Novell/Suse.
> Thank you,
> Tom Christensen

I have one statement to address...

Get your act together re-release new ISOs that fix these 2 problems
within 2 weeks or...

I'm sorry, did I read this correctly.  You are given (free I might add)
this OS.  Either contribute to the project, or be appreciative.

There's a reason people by RHEL licenses, and don't go with Fedora. They
are two separate product lines (Like Honda and Acura).  If you want
something super stable with support, pay for it, use RHEL 3.  If you
want cutting edge, cross your fingers and use fedora. Use part of your
50K to buy a few WS licenses, or keep RH9 and use fedora legacy.

Did you really think moving to the 2.6 kernel was going to be pain free?

Grow up Tom.