Re: Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Erik Espinoza said:
> <sarcasm> how bout we just go to windowsupdate.com like the rest of
> the world </sarcasm>

I know you're being sarcastic, but, yes, I want an up2date service that
gets all the available updates and installs them in one try.

I want Linux to succeed as a desktop replacement, but the only way I see
that happening is if the updating process is improved.

It seems every time a new something-or-other version is made available,
there are countless messages on this list about how up2date is broken,
up2date didn't work, up2date said the file is corrupted.. do I have a
virus, blah blah blah.... and then the countless replies.... use a
different mirror, use apt, use yum, don't upgrade until the next set of
ISO CDs are available... and my favorite of all time... Linux isn't for
you.. use Windows.

Making a system easier to use/maintain isn't a bad thing, honest. ;-)

Cheers,
Don