problem launching java app

Either I'm doing doing something wrong or there's a bug somewhere.  I'm
trying to launch a Java application from a launcher icon on my stock FC2
desktop but it doesn't want to stay launched.

Symptom:  After creating and then launching the desktop icon, the app
starts and looks just like normal.  But it only lasts about 5 seconds
and then disappears.  Gone without a trace.

I had a few java apps running on my FC1 desktop without any problems,
including the one I'm trying to start now, JBidWatcher.  I grabbed a
couple other Java apps and the same thing happens to them also.  All
these apps start and run just dandy in gnome-terminal but when I start
them from a launcher icon, they die.

Here's my icon info that doesn't work.  The exact same one on FC1 *did*
work:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Exec=java -jar JBidWatch-0.9.3pre2.jar
TryExec=
X-GNOME-DocPath=
Terminal=true
Name[en_US]=JBidWatcher
GenericName[en_US]=
Comment[en_US]=

I've tried a couple different Java packages with the same results.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior or maybe offer any suggestions?