ARTS sound message!

This is driving me nuts! Upon starting KDE, this window appear...

Sound Server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver.
device: default can´t be opened for playback(no such device)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

My sound card is a via82xx, been googling around, found several possible fixes, none works.
The only fix I found, is to start the sound card detection tool and click "test", but sometimes it works, sometimes don´t. Help!

|-o-|
Bolívar