Null passwords

I'm running an FC2 system on which I don't care about password security. PAM is running. I've been all over the HOWTO's and manual and cannot find how to enable null passwords for a user. I've tried putting a nullok argument into stacks in the login, passwd, and system-auth PAM services, to no avail, and have run out of ideas. Obviously I'm a newbie trying to get a handle on where to even look.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Maier