Re: mount/umount in autofs keeps locking up (is it fam?)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Andy Green wrote:

> I saw this from using CIFS, and I also saw a note about it in a Bugzilla entry
> saying that this was a debug message added by Arjan IIRC.  Therefore this is
> coming out of the particular kernel version you are using.  See if you can
> get an updated kernel from Arjan's place
>
> http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/RPMS.kernel/
>
> That may or may not help, but the main news is I don't think this is NFS
> specific.

Well, I did compile a custom kernel and the kernel message went away.
If was really just a debug issue and had nothing to do with the
umount/mount/autofs hanging problem, I don't know why it went away.
For the custom kernel, I took the FC2 kernel src.rpm and rebuilt it
with the 4K/nostack and 4G/4G patches removed.  I also added the
firewire patches going around though the machine I am having the problem
has no firewire.

But it does appear removing the 4K/nostack and 4G/4G patches fixed the
hanging mount/umount/autofs problem.  So far.