Re: WTF: Stack Size 4k

Jonathan Gardner wrote:
On Thursday 10 June 2004 10:29 am, Doug Stewart wrote:

I see you're unfamiliar with "management".

It's like that old joke about the manager in the hot air balloon...

I've not heard this one before. Please tell...

So it seems a manager took a hot air ballooning course. On his first solo flight, a sudden wind sprung up and blew him very far off course. He had no idea where he was and desperately began descending, hoping to find someone who could give him directions.

Seeing a man walking in a field, he called out and said "Excuse me! Could you tell me where I am?"

The man in the field shouted back "It seems that you're in a hot air balloon, about 50 feet off the ground".

"You must be an engineer" said the manager.

"I am.  How did you know?" said the engineer.

"Well, the information that you gave me was technically correct but it's of no use to anyone."

"You must be in management" the engineer said.

"How'd you know?"

"Well, you don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were in before we met, but now it's my fault."

Ba-dum, shinnggg!

--
Doug Stewart