RE: Cups crap

At 11:42 6/10/2004, Powell, James F CONT wrote:
OK, I have 2 netwerked printers in this office, both HP Color LaserJets. One is a 4500 and one is a 4550. I'm using both of them via JetDirect (which worked in FC1 without any modifications). They both are maxed out in memory and have duplex units. Upon upgrading to FC2, both still are accessed, but only blank sheets of paper come out reguardless of what type of document I send to them.

Is the JetDirect card internal? Or is it an external printserver? Which URL or address are you using to print to the printers? Does CUPS actually claim to support them? If so, with which drivers or methods? Can you post the relevant sections of the config files? Are there any errors in the logs? Can you print to those networked printers from an FC1 box? Are there *any* visible differences in the configurations between FC1 and FC2?

DETAILS!!! <grin> It is impossible to troubleshoot anything without lots of details. No offense, but right now we have no diagnostic information whatsoever... just the fact that there is a problem. We know your stomach hurts, but we have no X-rays, physical exam, blood toxicology, or anything else.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com