Re: Slo ...... w PC

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 16:50:19 PM +0100, Douglas Furlong
(douglas.furlong@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> (which has been mentioned at least 10 times on this list of late) has
> been set up to allow Fedora Core 2 to run on low end, low resource PC's.
>
> http://www.rule-project.org/

Thanks!

> I don't think any one has "forgotten" about the older machines, they are
> just choosing to prioritise and develop for newer ones.

There is one thing that almost nobody seems to have realized yet: the
ratio 'old/new" personal computers is much higher now than 10 or 5
years ago.

So, if developers (people who don't pay their PCs, or would buy a new
one before bread every two years anyway) "prioritise for the new
ones", the percentage of users who will be cut off will grow how PCs
as an home item become older in society.

If, instead, everybody decided instead "OK, vacation, music,
insurance, swimming lesson, clothes..." are less important of a new PC
(assuming they have the money, of course), and trash away perfectly
good stuff every other day, other problems arise (the "pollute a lot"
link at the beginning of RULE home page).

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         http://www.rule-project.org/

Reality is for those who lack imagination