Re: WTF: Stack Size 4k

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 08:52, Doug Stewart wrote:
> Jeffrey D. Means wrote:
> > I have now encountered 4 problems since upgrading to Core 2 due to the
> > stack size you chose in compiling Core 2.  Why the hell did you not
> > compile with the default size of 8k??
>
> I have now encountered at least 2 problems with your message.  Why the
> heck did you not search the archives before asking a question that has
> been asked tens, if not hundreds of times?

Well First of all I was merely restating the problem exists and if you
checked when I joined the list it was about 15 minutes ago(
                             From:
fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx
                               To:
meaje@xxxxxxxxxxx
                          Subject:
Welcome to the "fedora-list" mailing
list
                             Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:47:27 -0400
).  Then I was wondering why things are progressing downhill in Core 2
since I have nothing but problems in my server center since starting a
move to Core 2 (since stopped).  First you do not have support for the
advansys module in the install script and have not since RH 9.  How the
hell are those of us who use and love the SCSI boards based on the
advansys chipset supposed to install on systems using SCSI drives
attached to those cards?  I have several boxes with advansys cards in
them with drives attached.  Next you did not allow me to recompile my
kernel with the 8k stack size by choosing to not allow that as an option
in the build menu I had to go DL a new kernel source to rebuild my
kernel with this option(Bugs: 120446 124018 111232).  I want a distro
that simplifies my life as an administrator not makes things orders of
magnitude more difficult!
dstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx
--

Jeffrey D. Means                                     meaje@xxxxxxxxxxx