Re: PDF Print Server

Mike Klinke wrote:
On Wednesday 09 June 2004 17:37, Mario Casamalhuapa wrote:

Is there such a thing?

I want to build a pdf printer similar to Adobe, and I want to print
in pdf on my network and share it with everyone. I once heard that
there was a PDF print server, is there one????

Mario Casamalhuapa

Here's one that works well for a "network pdf printer" using samba if you want to set one up for your own network.

This printer will convert the document you wish to print to a "PDF" file. All you should have to do is to install a new printer on your machine:

[snip configuration]

I'm assuming that parent is planning on sharing for Windows computers? I'm also assuming parent never tried pdfcreator at pdfcreator.sf.net? It's pretty slick. It installs a virtual PDF printer on the Windows machine. It'll be a pain to install on many machines, but haven't had trouble with them, plus they are prompted to save the PDF file on their own machine.

Just offering an alternative (not exactly a "server" solution).

dex