Re: growing drive space

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 01:33:12PM -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> I am almost certain this has been discussed on here before, but I want
> some expert opinion on this.  I have an FC2 box at home that dual boots
> XP.  I only use XP for games and I'm running out of space on my FC2 side,
> what's the best way to add the extra space to my FC2 install?  I have
> partition magic to use for shrinking my XP partition, so that's not going
> to be a problem.  Anyone have any preferences?

Personally, I don't use Partition Magic on any system I can't
afford to lose. I've been using it since it was an OS/2 application
that came on 2 floppies, and I've seen it break stuff occasionally.
A lot of times it could be fixed if you read the manual and examine
the error messages carefully, but I'd suggest backing up anything
you want to keep on the XP partition. I've never seen it break
anything on a Linux partition, but the Windows side could be in for
trouble.

Just my opinion, of course.