Re: Acrobat reader

Matthew,

Thanks for the tip. I was just looking at the script considering what I might do to it when I saw this message.

Lee

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 15:47, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, L. Clayton Parker wrote:

> In a terminal type:
>
> LANG=C
>
> and then drop a copy of Acrobat on the terminal window and press enter.
> Acrobat will then start.
>
> If someone has a more elegant (and permanent) solution I would like to
> see it. Acrobat Reader is far superior to either XPDF or GVV.

How about mine (snipped from the message you just replied to):

> > Get the RPM from http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/.

That RPM already has the acroread shell script modified to fix this issue.
It adds acroread to the menu.  IIRC, it even detects browsers and adds
links to the plugin.

(Another reason why top-posting isn't always such a great idea?)