From: Sean Estabrooks <seanlkml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
CC: devietf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: problem is compiling FC2 with 2.4.26 kernel
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:43:42 -0400

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:35:17 +0000
"Audsin Dev" <devietf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I commented out the /sys line in the /etc/fstab and still the same problem
> persists.
>
> Any suggestions

Ahh,

Yes, the problem is actually with the initrd image trying to mount the /sys
filesystem. You'll have to make a new initrd image or compile your
kernel such that you don't need an initrd.

Not too sure if the mkinitrd command of FC2 is capable of making an
initrd for a 2.4 kernel but you can give it a shot.

Sean

_________________________________________________________________ Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://youroffers.msn.com

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-            We look for things.  Things that make us go!            -