Re: Hang after enabling swap space

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:40:36 -0500
"Miroslav Halas" <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have forced file system integrity check and the system still hangs
> during Enabling swap space? Even if I get interactive boot it still
> hangs before I can do anything. Any idea how to troubleshoot it?

Hi there,

You could try booting into rescue mode from the installation
CD and redo the swap preparation step:

mkswap /dev/<your swap partition>

Also, while you're there you could comment out the swap line
in your /etc/fstab file so that swap is not mounted on boot.
This will let you try to start swap manually, with the swapon
command.   Once it works without a problem you can reset
the /etc/fstab file so that it is mounted each boot.

Good luck,
Sean