Re: screen shots (off topic)

Bob Chiodini wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 10:25, dalen wrote:

Chadley Wilson wrote:

Hello friends,

Does any one know how to get screenshots of your bios?

Lots of interesting replies. I haven't tried this myself, but you might try and connect another computer to the printer port with a crossover cable and set it to emulate a printer. Then Press printscreen on the first computer during the boot process.

Interesting idea, what would a printer crossover cable consist of?  Is
there a utility that can receive the data via a crossover cable?

One other thought.  Use the Print Screen key to a real printer and scan
in the results.

Bob...

I recall using laplink years ago before consumer networking. It could copy files between 2 computers and use either a serial or parallel cable http://www.nullmodem.com/LapLink.htm . I don't know if this would work, but it seems theoretically possible. My hope is someone will chime in with a "been there, done that, here's how".

Dale