Re: Turning off gconfd

Douglas Furlong wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 13:10, Jose Luis Ricardo Chavez wrote:

Hello,

is there a reason to have gconfd running in background? I don't use GNOME, how can I
disable it?

Do you use any "gnomafied" apps? If you do then I believe it would still
need to be running for them to pic up their settings (if my guess is
right as to what gconfd actually does ;))

Thanks for your answer Douglas, I rarely use GNOME apps but use heavily GTK
apps like firefox/thunderbird/gvim. Do you know if gconfd is used in FC2 to capture
all GNOME/GTK/KDE configuration events? From time to time my custom KDE
configuration gets replaced by the default (Bluecurve) conf without (apparent) reason.

- Jose Luis