Re: FC2: vsftpd poor multiple file transfer performance

Jay Lee wrote:

I try to download two iso images at the same time from FC2 to a windows
box.
When dling only one image at the same time, speed is ok, around 10MB/s.
But when doing two transfers parallel, I get 2MB/s.

Both PCs can handle the speed easyly, one is an athlon XP2000, one
XP1400, 1GB Ram each.

My assumption (I see harddisk light on FC2 always on):
Network/cabling is alright, because single dl is ok.
Maybe the FC2 pc seems to readahead too much so it cannot keep up with
the upload rate?
Any ideas?

I've found that the default options result in extremely poor performance
when uploading/downloading multiple files quickly.  Try editing
/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf and changing these lines:

xferlog_enable=NO

then do a "/etc/init.d/vsftpd restart".  After this change, uploading lots
of small files worked a *lot* faster.

Hi, thank you, but this did not help. Think it is because I am not downloading many small files but two big files.

Gruss
Rainer